13 September 2010

16 June 2010

Sorry that I didn't get an email off yesterday. We had a conference with President Araújo that lasted from 9:30 - 5:00, and we didn't get back in our area until 6 (when p-day ends).

Thanks for the advice about putting yeast in the root beer. We drank a little bit on Friday morning . . . and threw the rest out. Yes, it did get fizzy, but it had this horrible taste of yeast. I'll just wait until we can find some dry ice. President Araújo told us we could find some in a market near here.

This week has been another one of those not-too-eventful ones. It's difficult to fill up a letter and not repeat the same things. Yesterday we had a great conference. We went to Barigui Park and did a lot of fun activities. All of them were themed for missionary service. I really liked one: the tug-of-war. Our goal was to pull the whole other team over to our side. It was a little hard because we had to keeping pulling for a while to get every member of the other team over to our side. Something I thought personally but that wasn't shared out loud was that that experience related to our teaching families. Many times a missionary focuses so much on preparing one member of a family for baptism he forgets about the rest of the family. We know that the fundamental unit of the Church is the family, so our goal should be to baptize whole families whenever possible. Just as the tug-of-war didn't stop when the first team member crossed the boundary, so should teaching not stop when the first family member crosses the line. Elder Wright and I are now super-excited to find whole families to bring into the Church.

As for the ceremony up at Lake Isabella, there's not one thing I could say that Dad couldn't say better. I'm just sorry that I can't be there with everyone. Let them know how I'm doing, but don't take the focus off of why they're really there.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

P.S. I don't have Leslie's email address, so there's no way I can send her a copy of this email.

No comments:

Post a Comment