13 September 2010

21 July 2010

President Cordon informed us on Monday that there is a new mission web site where you can all look at photos and such. We don't have permission to look at it, but I hope it's great!

Monday and Tuesday were training days for the leadership of the Brazil Curitiba Mission. All district leaders, zone leaders, and trainers in Curitiba and Paranaguá went to the mission office to receive part of a course of trainings recently approved by Church authorities. According to President Cordon, the training is going on all around the world, but I'm not sure if it takes place on the same day. Those who have served missions recently know about the Preach My Gospel DVDs. With these new trainings, the Church has released an additional DVD. We talked about the doctrine of Christ, helping investigators to pray, helping them to feel and understand the Holy Ghost, and using the Book of Mormon as a converting tool. Apparently, there are four more subjects to be discussed, but we won't go to that training until the beginning of August.

The training about the Book of Mormon was my favorite. Preach My Gospel has a chapter dedicated to the importance of the Book of Mormon as a latter-day converting tool. I've always loved talking about the Book of Mormon with investigators because it is the most basic proof we have that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints really is God's Church on the earth. I'm short on time, but I'd like to tell you that I know the Book of Mormon is true. The same God that inspired the Bible also inspired the Book of Mormon. I have no doubt that it's true. I asked God long ago if it was true, and he responded to my prayer. Anyone can know it's true. They only have to read a little and then ask God. He knows that it's true, and He'll tell you so.

Congrats to Vinnie for being the Ward Pet Star. It looks like he's not as retarded as we thought. I'll take more pictures like the ones Lyn suggested, too.

I suggest that everyone take a look at the new Mormon.org if you haven't already done so. It's a great missionary tool.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment