13 September 2010

28 July 2010

Looks like you had a great time at the Donny and Marie concert. I tried finding some kind of evidence that one of Lyn's friends had edited you guys in, but it looks clean. Lyn always liked them (meaning Donny) so much. What I really want is a video of Dad singing on stage with Marie. Then I'll believe it!

Things have been going very well here in Ala 2/Jardim Botânico. Camila, who was baptized a week and a half ago, was confirmed this Sunday. Mari and her family are already strong members of the Church. They received their temple recommends on Monday and will be going to the temple next Thursday to do baptisms for the dead. And yes, they're still feeding us a ton. We're preparing a boy named Mateus to be baptized this Sunday. He's really excited, and he's even more excited to pass the sacrament in a year when he turns twelve.

I think I forgot to tell you that Eliseu's wake was baptized recently. Remember Eliseu? From Guarapuava? I received the good news when Elder S. Costa sent me an email a couple of weeks ago.

I'm excited to hear about what goes on during the high adventure. Where are you going this year? Here on the mission I'm always telling stories about our high adventures. It helps that I have a photo of Dad and me on top of Mount Whitney. Please don't kill yourself, but it seems like you never do. You said that last year you were starting the feel the pains of hiking with age, so we'll see what happens this year.

President Cordon is learning Portuguese really fast. If missionaries get the gift of tongues, imagine the mission president! We had interviews with him on Monday, and I did my first interview in English of my entire mission! He's going to be a great mission president; I'm sure of it.

Thanks for all the prayers. It means a lot to me to know that I'm thought of.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment