13 September 2010

4 August 2010

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes. I feel like I'm going to be an old fart. Of all the presents I could ask for in the world, I must say that the best I could ask for is probably going to happen: a baptism! Mateus (11-years-old) was baptized on Sunday and will be confirmed this coming Sunday. We are also preparing a girl named Isabel to be baptized this Sunday. She's 19, but her parents are very against the Church, so she has an inner conflict whether to go through with the baptism or not. I think she's going to do it. I know the Lord blesses those who follow his commandments, and I'm sure he will take good care of her when she decides to keep this commandment.

Tell Elizabeth not to drive off the curb when she leaves the DMV during her driving test. In high school, I had a friend who did that and they failed him right off at the start. If it's any consolation to her or to the drivers of California, you are allowed 15 errors, if I remember correctly, and I made 13. I think I was equally as close on the written exam.

I'll try sending Jay a letter in São Paulo this week. We'll see if it gets there while he's still there.

I'm really at a blank to write anything else. It's really cold here today. Remember that email I sent a year ago that gave the five different descriptions of the cold? Here it is to review for the cold season this year:

I thought of many ways to start this letters, but all of them have to do with the number of times to write the word "cold".

COLD. If you use it one time, it seems much more profound and solid. Also, it doesn't sound like it escaped the mouth of a raving lunatic. However, it is very short.

Cold . . . COLD! This brings shivers to the bones of the readers, but unlike the previous attempt sounds like Old Man Jenkins escaped the loony bin.

Cold, cold, cold. This sounds like I'm really not having a good time doing missionary work. You would probably picture me shaking my head back and forth in a depressive mood.

Cold, cold, cold, cold. Now my mind is thinking of nothing but the temperature. Better get me reading or teaching, and fast!

Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold. Here is the last, and the one I chose to use. I don't know what Jay was thinking when he said it wasn't that cold. I've never been so cold for so long in my life. Not that I'm complaining or anything, just expressing the fact. The cold here is more profound, I think, because of the humidity. I believe it was -4°C this morning, probably 0°C in our house. There is no internal heating, and none of the windows and doors seal all the way, so there's nothing you can do about it. However, everything is nice and toasty under the covers in bed.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment