13 September 2010

25 August 2010

It was 92 degrees is Santa Maria, huh? I think it must be getting near there here in Curitiba, too. The winter here was either the shortest in history, or it'll come back soon. I hope it's the latter.

Transfers went over smoothly. Elder Miguel has been sent to another zone, and I have gotten a new companion: Elder Teasure. He just finished his designation as mission financial secretary, and now we are zone leader companions! If Elder Wright were here, he would get a kick out of that, I think.

There's a problem with my Visa gift card: It doesn't work at any of the stores here. I called the number on the card, but there seems to be nothing I can do from here. Could you guys look into it for me? The number to call (toll free) is 1-866-505-7955. There is also a website: www.giftcardmall.com/idealgift. I spent my money from the biweekly mission allowance because I thought I still had a $50 gift card, so I was left with no money for groceries today. I used my "gringo card", but I'm not making it a habit, I promise!

We're still preparing Luciane for baptism. We're probably going to have her talk to our district leader, Elder Moretti, so that she can feel more comfortable about being baptized this Sunday and not waiting to be baptized together with her daughter (which her ex-husband is impeding).

Also, the mission Christmas choir will be starting up soon. We have a meeting with the assistants in two weeks to discuss what will be going down. I hope I get to direct again, but if not, I'm happy to sing!

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment