13 September 2010

23 June 2010

Just to pass on a note of security to you, I'd like to pass on a part of the email that President Araújo sent to us this week:

If someone in your family is posting your messages on a blog with your name, your relatives should be alert and know that anyone around the world can read it. This week we had an incident where one missionary wrote something in his email to his family about an investigator. The missionary's family unwittingly put the text of the email on his blog on the internet. It just happened that the investigator found the blog, read the text, and became greatly offended with what the missionary had written. Be careful! Please, be obedient and careful with these things.

I'm sure you're doing a great job; I just wanted to pass that on.

So, you finally got the letter. I thought it would get to you sooner or later. Things aren't much different than they were before, just that I have to deal with a lot more problems now (things that arise between companionships and the like). And Dad was right, that doesn't mean I get to drive a car.

Things this week have gone pretty smoothly. No baptisms to report, but we're teaching a lot of good people. I don't know if you know, but the World Cup is going on right now in South Africa. The missionaries aren't allowed to watch it, even the Brazil games, and it has been an interesting experience. You really do find elect people while the game is going on. There are a lot more people here than I thought that don't give a hoot about soccer.

Thanks for Jennifer's email address. Amanda sent me her updated one, too. I'll be writing them soon.

Can you let me know when you get the photo CD? If you want clarification on some of the photos, just send me a small copy with questions.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

P.S. President Araújo has asked us to include the following message from Sister Araújo and him:

Dear family,

Sister Araújo and I want to express our gratitude and respect for you, parents and relatives of our dear missionaries. It has been an honor to work with Elder Floyd here in the mission. We learn, we laugh (sometimes we cry), and we work together in this great work.

We share our testimony that God lives and that Jesus is the Christ. We are on the right path and need to endure to the end.

We are ending our mission, but your son will always be in our hearts.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
President and Sister Araújo


No comments:

Post a Comment