16 September 2010

15 September 2010

It’s good to hear that your email’s up-and-running. I felt kind of helpless here in Brazil, but I knew you’d be using it again soon anyway.

This last week wasn’t home to anything amazingly special or extraordinary. Wagner and Priscila were confirmed on Sunday (that’s why I didn’t include significant in the list), and Wagner is full of questions about everything. I like it a lot actually, because he asks intelligent questions. Missionaries often get asked questions that are intended only to confound, not to help someone learn, and Wagner’s questions are even helping me out a lot.

This week we received four more of those “new curriculum” lessons for missionaries. They’re designed to help missionaries teach more effectively, as a missionary’s success if affected both by technique and by the Holy Ghost. That’s not to say that these four lessons are anything new, but they’re being taught in a fresh new way, and it’s already starting to help out Elder Treasure and me in our teaching.

It was cool to hear about stake conference. It’s always refreshing to have a general authority visit. A quick note about the mission choir: It has nowhere near 90 members. We had our first practice today in preparation for Christmas, and I think there were 40-50 missionaries there at the most.

It was great to hear from Bonnie. Tell her I’m looking forward to a good teeth cleaning in February.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

P.S. I went a little overboard on my cookie-making these last two weeks (it was for a good cause) and ended up spending my missionary allowance completely. I used some home funds (about R$10) to buy some basic food. I won’t let it happen again. I know it’s only for emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment