13 September 2010

14 July 2010

I received my new debit card. I made an ATM transaction today to activate it, as the telephone number for activating it was for use in the United States.

Things have been going pretty smoothly around here with President Cordon. We had a great zone conference on Thursday where his family and he bore their testimonies. Sister Cordon and he came here with their seventeen-year-old daughter and their thirteen-year-old son. They ahve more older children that are still in the states. He talked a lot about his own desire to follow the counsels of the prophets and apostles regarding his stewardship of this mission, and I'm pretty excited about that. There will now be a zone conference only every two transfers and an interview every trimester. He says they'll be using the extra time to go out and teach together with the missionaries. I'm really excited about that. He lives close by to us, so we'll be calling him a lot if he's up for it.

Three from the Mari/Bárbara household were confirmed on Sunday. Mari will be confirmed this coming Sunday because she had to work on short notice last Sunday. That family continues to amaze me with their faith and their diligence.

We're preparing a girl named Kamila for baptism this coming Sunday. She's already prepared and she feels really good about her decision.

So the Child's family up and went to Colorado, huh? That was something I wasn't expecting. Daniel was the only Young Men's president I had outside of Dad.

I'm also excited to see the new-and-improved front bathroom. Send me some photos when you're through. Speaking of photos, did you ever get the photo CD I sent home?

That's all that's new this week. We had transfers today, and Elder Wright and I will be staying together for six more weeks.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment