13 September 2010

18 August 2010

Elder Wright is probably eating lunch with President Cordon right now. As of yesterday, I have a new companion until transfers next Wednesday: Elder Miguel from Rio de Janeiro. He been on his mission for five months now and is really excited. Looks like I'm the lone zone leader for a week; I hope there are no emergencies!

We're preparing a woman named Luciane for baptism this Sunday. She got to know the church through her boss, Alexandre Pradeira, who showed up to our sacrament meeting one week and gave us the referral. She also has an eleven-year-old daughter, but because of the wishes of the father (Luciane's ex-husband) she will not be baptized at the same time as Luciane.

Remember Marinei and her family? They ended up throwing me a birthday party last Wednesday night. I took lots of pictures, and you'll be getting those in the next photo CD (yes, I'll send one more before I come home).

It sounds like Dad had a great time on this year's high adventure. I just have one complaint: When I went on high adventures, we didn't have the option of making the trip easier! And I'm grateful for it. I remember that when we went to Mt. Whitney I was dead at the end of the first day. We didn't stop hiking until after dark, and I went straight to bed without eating anything. I'm sure everyone who went remembers the giant shale mountain. I don't know if it was really that big, but my memory makes it about the size of the moon.

There's not much more to report on the work here in Ala 2/Jardim Botânico. I'm sure I'll be staying here for at least the next transfer, and that will keep me here until at least October.

I bought my first souvenir this week. It's just a little glass plaque with Curitiba-PR, BRASIL written on it, but I liked it.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment