10 June 2010

9 June

Letters received since last I wrote:
None

I'm wearing comfy new Gold Toe socks. I picked up my package yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see what was inside: American cereal! I didn't think I would get that excited about it, but I really want to eat some now. I didn't eat any for breakfast because I was doing a split with Elder Pavani in his area, Campo Largo. Nobody we've asked yet knows where we can buy dry ice, but I'm sure it's here somewhere in the center of Curitiba. They have everything here. On Friday I ate at Subway, where I never ate in the United States, by the way. Thanks also for the chocolate syrup and root beer extract. It just so happens that Elder Gardner (I took his place here) left some when he went home, and the recipe on the McCormick's brand uses dry active yeast, not dry ice. It's just that it takes five days to make, so it should be ready on Friday. I just hope that it carbonates and not grows fungus. I didn't know you could use yeast to carbonate a drink. Could we be preparing an alcoholic beverage? Oh, and who could forget the M&Ms? You know that I love those. I think the milk chocolate ones will find themselves into cookies again.

We almost hand to call an ambulance to save a member when I ate lunch in Campo Largo. I was sitting at the table with Elder Pavani, and out of nowhere the sister sitting on the other side of the table falls over. I mean, try to imagine a domino. It spilt a little food on the table and Elder Pavani and I scrambled over to her to help her up. Turns out her chair broke. She got up like nothing had happened (and like it happens every day) and went to get a new chair! Yes, we helped her out completely; I wouldn't let her get her own chair. Maybe it's not as funny reading about it, and please don't think I'm some kind of sadistic missionary, but it was pretty darn funny.

President Araújo has less than a month left. We're all antsy to see what the new mission president will be like. I'm sure it will fine, I'm just bracing for any changes that will come our way. Basically the doctrine is this: whatever the new mission president wants, do it. It doesn't matter how President Araújo did it. It doesn't matter if it makes sense. The minute he gets off the plane, he's boss. I'm cool with that; I just don't know about the other missionaries.

That's all for this week. I hope that things are going well with all of you. I missed Lyn's letter this week, but I'm grateful for Dad's. Good luck with the hoe down, by the way. I'm sure it will be a hit like it always is.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment