03 June 2010

14 April

"Not all dreams are revelations." (Dream, Guide to the Scriptures) Don't think I'm coming home any time soon. Besides the spiritual benefits, the mission is too darn fun to leave early.

Lizzie is doing Home Study Seminary? What, did she not complete her last two years?

In a year you have managed to put about 4,000 miles on that car. Pretty good, if you ask me.

Are there more earthquakes occurring, or is the media just covering them more? We ate lunch at a restaurant today and there was a news report on the television about the earthquake in China.

To answer your prayers, we found a load of good people last week. Outside of that, Miriam, Gustavo's mom, will be baptized this weekend. She has a lot of hard times ahead, especially because her husband supports the opposite of whatever she does, but she's firm in her decision. In the end, I think it may bring them closer together, which is our purpose after all, right? When people ask us about marriage, I always tell them we're in the business of "building families, not destroying them."

If you want to throw something cool in with the socks, root beer extract has been on my mind lately. Also, mission shoes cost around R$45.00, I think, because the mission pays for part of it. I'll ask the secretaries next Wednesday. Also, I have not received any cereal, but I think it would be pointless to send it: it would only be powder when it got here.

To answer Lyn's questions:

People always ask to see pictures of my family. It would be great if you could email or send me a lot more. If they're emailed, I can have them developed here.

The weather right now if pleasant. Yesterday it got pretty hot, but it have been pretty cold for the most part.

My ties are holding out great. Here, I could be called a "mão de vaca" with ties, which means I don't like to give them away, or even sell them.

In 3 Nephi 28:21, there is a short excert about the Three Nephites being cast into a furnace. If you're looking for the three guys who were seen in the fiery furnace with Jesus Christ, you should go to the Bible: Daniel 3, the whole chapter.

I hope that this email finds you well wherever you may be. I learned a heck of a lot at zone conference about the importance of the Holy Ghost in a teaching. There's some powerful stuff to learn about Him.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

P.S. Brother Cheney said something about the blog not being updated for a while. Is that true?

No comments:

Post a Comment