03 June 2010

21 April

We’re going to have a baptism today!!! Miriam, the mother of Gustavo (a recent convert) will enter the waters this time. We’ve been teaching her ever since I arrived here in January, so this is a pretty big deal for me. Her husband will be a whole other story, but I’m sure he’ll follow her example some day.

We had transfers today, and Elder Youngberg and I will continue as companions. If this happens to be a normal transfer, I will stay with him longer than any other of my companions.

Speaking of other companions, I saw Elder Avis today. Remember? I was companions with Elder S. Costa and him at the same time way back when I was in Guarapuava. Apparently he’s returned to visit. I don’t know how long he’ll stay, or if he’ll leave with a wife (which happens often), but it was good to see him.

We’re still preparing everything for the mission choir presentations on the 25th, the 2nd, the 9th, and the 16th. We have to be at the chapel two hours before the presentation, 5:30 PM, which means that on Mother’s Day, I will need to call from here about 2:30. That translates to about 10:30 there. Would that even be possible? Let me know; we have 2 1/2 weeks.

Other than that, there’s not anything to report. I hope that things are going well for you guys. I have a little bit of extra email time left, so I’ll see who else I can email.

Until next week,

Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment