03 June 2010

3 June

Letters received since last I wrote:
1 from Brother Cheney

I have been reminded a hundred times in the last month to write in my journal, so I'm making that a special priority as of today. As for its public display, that's something I don't see in the near future, but I can go through and make a less-personal version for you all to take a look at. I guess that's not really the purpose, is it? I guess it's more for me to remember my mission when I'm Brother Cheney's age (no, that's not an old-age crack).

As for the $28.25 that was spent, that was for new scriptures. I was going to buy them the last time I went to the temple, but the card machine wasn't working then. I will be picking up my package this Saturday, and I don't see myself arguing with the postal people, seeing as they can just send my package right back to you whenever they want. Yes, it's just one of those cheap scam things that happens every once in a while when you send a package, unless you wrote something on the package that caught their attention.

I didn't know it costs money to check my account balance. I'll stop doing that when I go to take money out.

I'm still wanting to come back to Brazil to open up a business, but personal impressions and a recent blessing from President Araújo are making me re-think that. I was always hoping that through my mission I would know what route to take with my life, and it looks like the Lord is warning me to worry about my education first. Even though a business is still hopping around in my head, it is not as important and exciting as it was three months ago.

I have not had a companion that has snored and kept me awake from it. That's a blessing. However, I think all of my companions have talked in their sleep just like me. Who knows what we're talking about while we're dreaming?

The most miles I've walked in a day? That one I don't really know, but it's probably about 5 (?).

The only time I threw up on my mission was last Friday. I think I ate something bad at a sister's house, but I'm not sure. I'm all better now, but Elder Wright is having stomach problems now.

Oh yeah, I've been transferred! I am now in the center of Curitiba taking care of two wards: Ala 2 ("2nd Ward") and Jardim Botânico. I took the place of Elder Gardner, one of the choir directors, and Elder Wright from Montana is my new companion. Apparently there's a McDonald's in our area. I wonder where I'll be eating lunch on p-day?

What a coincidence that you asked for scriptures about magnifying your calling. That's what I studied for personal study this morning. I studied section 84 of the Doctrine and Covenants. Although it is generally considered a revelation on priesthood ("The Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood"), I think it gave some pretty deep insights on what it means to "magnify your calling". I do remember that one general authority taught that it just not mean to "multiply then work" (ie. make things more difficult).

We're going to be singing again in a week in Ponta Grossa. Everyone is really excited. I'm sure it will be as great as our other presentations (a little bit of pride there).

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

P.S. We were warned this week in President's email to check for leaking gas in all gas appliances that we might own. He cited the incident of the two dead missionaries. Just wanted to let you know that the Church is looking out for our safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment