03 June 2010

5 May

Sorry that my last letter was so short. There was really nothing to report. There were 875 people at our first presentation of “O Cristo Vivo” (“The Living Christ”) and 903 present at the second presentation. They recorded the second one, so I’ll find out if there’s some way of getting a hold of it. If you could see and hear it, I know you’d like it.

About the Mother’s Day phone call: I can in no way call another time. It is literally impossible. In the morning I will be with investigators at church, and in the afternoon and evening I will be singing in our third presentation of the mission choir. Elder Youngberg and I have agreed that I can call at 11:30 your time, and he will call his family at 10:30. That is to say, you can call me. I have the number here: (41) 3396-4406. Remember, 41 is the area code, not the country code.

You may have noticed that I spent R$45. That was to buy new shoes. They’re actually pretty good. I would like to spend another R$15 to buy a couple of phone cards to call Mom with. I won’t be able to check my email before Sunday, so I’ll just assume that you approve. It seems that you always approve of my money requests.

Also, I don’t think that the place where we sent my pants actually hemmed them. I’m going through the process of hemming them myself right now. You can be the judge of the quality when I get home. You may wonder why this wasn’t a problem over the last year: it’s because my shoes always kept my pants from touching the ground. The new shoes don’t do that.

To answer Dad’s question, I’m pretty sure I’ll be transferred on June 2nd. That will make five months that I’ll have been here. As far as using MissionTies to send my photos home, I’m not sure of I trust putting my memory card in the mail. I wouldn’t even do that in the States. Nothing against the idea, it was a great one.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment