03 June 2010

7 April

Letters received since last I wrote:
1 email from Aunt Dar

One of our investigators said there was an earthquake in California this last week. But when you wrote me, you only mentioned Indonesia. What's going on there?

Sorry that I didn't mention the mission shoes earlier. Everyone says they're crap, so I didn't even consider buying them. But if you don't mind me buying 2-3 pairs before the end of the mission, I don't see how it could hurt. Socks will be a welcome addition to my wardrobe.

To answer Lyn's questions:

I spoke in church about two months ago. I think it was probably your average missionary sacrament meeting talk.

The mission choir did not sing for Easter. We will be singing during weekly presentations starting on Sunday, April 25th. The presentation is about Easter and the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I still have all my teeth . . . and a neat new filling.

Tower of Babel? Are you doing this to me to check my memory? Look in Genesis 11 or Ether 1.

I really liked something that Julie B. Beck said to this effect: "If we don't get all of the recognition we think we deserve. what does it matter?"

Based on conference time, it looks like we're four hours apart again. That will come in handy for our Mother's Day phone call, just a month away.

Nothing real neat to report from Rio Bonito this week. We'll be having zone conference on Monday.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment