31 March 2010

1 April 2010

Letters received since last I wrote:
1 from Brother Cheney (which I will not get to read until next week because I left it in the mission office during choir practice and all the staff left and went to the temple and locked the office door).
My ATM card doesn't expire until March of 2011. My license, on the other hand, expires this year on my birthday.
I think you've been talking about Photo CD #2 for some time now. I will be getting one out soon. It's difficult here because we have no film-developing store.
Shoes and socks will be greatly appreciated. I think these shoes I'm using can hold out for another month or two. If not, I'll buy aa pair from the mission. They're okay, but they're not the greatest.
We had another baaptism on Sunday! This time, Gustavo's friend Alex was the one. He chose Elder Youngberg to baptize him, and it was his (Elder Youngberg's) first baaptism in his life. As was the case with me, he got all nervous when he entered the water and starited mixing up words. The baptism was perfect overall, however. His parents will soon follow suit after they have been married civilly.
The mission choir is going great. I will be directing "Assombro me Causa" ("I Stand All Amazed"), "Onde Encontrar a Paz" ("Where Can I Turn for Peace"), and "Cristo Já Ressussitou" ("Christ the Lord is Risen Today"). The former is rather repetitive, but we're trying to see what we can do. We have 5 more practices before our first perfomance, which I think will be just enough to make the choir comforable with the music.
That's all there is to write this week. Things are going great here. Who else is excited for General Conference?! If wew get another powerful Elder Holland talk, I'm sure people will be talking about it for a long time.
Until next week,
Elder Floyd
P.S. I withdrew the money for the filling I'll be having redone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment