03 June 2010

12 May

Although the phone call was short, it was wonderful. I totally forgot that sacrament meeting starts at 10 now, so I couldn’t figure out why it was so difficult for you guys to talk with me between 11 and noon. Sorry about that. The third presentation of “The Living Christ” was the best yet. They didn’t record it, but I hope they do something at our fourth and last one this Sunday.

Okay, now I’m going to try to write an email full of interesting stories and funny experiences, but I don’t see myself capable of writing a letter the size of Lyn’s. Since Sunday not much has happened. We’re going to CIC (Cidade Industrial de Curitiba) today to play a game of War (Brazilian RIsk) with Elders Gonçalves (former companion) and R. Ferreira, and we’re also going to learn to make coxinhas. I’ll make some for you when I get home. Trust me, you’ll like them. They’re basically just a ball of shredded chicken inside some dough and deep-fried. Think Brazilian fast food.

Elder Youngberg is speaking Portuguese really good.

Let the singles’ ward know that we’re teaching the Brazilians to play “Mafia”, “Do You Love Your Neighbor?” and some other fun games.

To answer Lyn’s questions:

I would say my average for making pancakes is about once a month (generally I make them for a few days, then I don’t make them again for a month).

I have about 1/8 of the maple flavoring left. That’s really good when you consider that I sold 1/2 of it to Mr Cheney Cookies.

The last time I made the chocolate cake was about 2 months ago. Yes, it is delicious even in Brazil.

The only thing I don’t like about having an American companion is that people on the street try to talk to you in English (nice people simply say “hello” while the jerks either curse or say “What’s your naymee?”

Let me know what’s on the ballot this year. When Lyn said she’d mark it for me I wasn’t sure if she would mark it the way she would vote, or the way I would.

Let Lizzie know she is not doomed if when takes the AP Modern World History test. I did horrible because I hate history (and for that reason I didn’t study very much).

Have you offered Amanda your ear plugs, Lyn? They seem to work miracles for you.

When I go to CIC today, I’ll get a photo CD made. I won’t be able to mail it until Saturday, but it will get there soon!

Until next week,

Elder Floyd


No comments:

Post a Comment