17 February 2010

30 December 2009

The phone call went great!

It looks like we’ve been given 30 minutes of e-mail today. I’m pretty sure that means that I won’t be sending an email home on Friday. Before I forget, I want to respond to all of Lyn’s questions to sent two weeks ago:

1. I have not seen a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant since I left Santa Maria; only McDonald’s, Burger King, and Subway.

2. I wouldn’t say that there are very many street vendors here, just some guys that sell ice-cream. Oh, there’s this really annoying car that drives around all day long playing some advertising to sell some “sonhos” (a popular pastry here).

3. The last time I gave a talk in church was six weeks ago, my first Sunday with Elder Reis. I was given 24 hours to prepare.

4. I have not bought any souvenirs yet, as I said on the phone.

5. The sister missionaries do not have cars.

6. Before Christmastime, I’d say we got very little requests to go deliver a Book of Mormon or Finding Faith in Christ DVD. We’ve gotten about 5 requests in the last month.

I must admit that I don’t have much to report this week, especially since I only have 30 minutes. We are still working hard, but it’s difficult to find many people at home because they’re all travelling. Lyn keeps wanting to know about Rosangela, who’s trying to stop smoking, and this is to let you know that we’re still working with her. She will not be baptized this week.

I hope that everything is still fine at home. Dad should be in Texas right now if I am not mistaken. It was good to hear from Amanda, too. And, before I forget: “I miss Lizzie.”

Until next week,
Élder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment