17 February 2010

14 January 2010

Rio Bonito is really a great place. You wouldn’t believe the number of people here who are ready to be baptized with a little preparation. We have random people coming up to us on the street and asking us questions and accepting a visit from us. We´re preparing a great guy named Jessei right now for baptism.

Oh, sorry I didn’t get an email out yesterday. MyLDSMail wasn’t working, and I’ve been given permission to use the internet for just 30 minutes today. I guess I’ll start off by answering your questions:

Living conditions here are pretty much normal. We live in a good-sized apartment with two other missionaries: our zone leaders.

Something I thought Brazil would be but isn’t? Hotter! That really only goes for this area of the country because it has some places that stay hot all year round, but here it doesn’t get so hot you have to stop in the shade to cool down.

I have been scared at least once since I got here, but nothing abnormal. Have you ever been scared in the United States?

I don’t think I’ll respond to number three. If you’re familiar with the term “trunky”, it’s themed around that.

The first think I’ll eat when I get back to California? I have a looooong time to think about that, but right now I’m thinking a tri-tip dinner or an American hamburger.

Like I said, everything is going great around here. I think that I may come back in a few years and open a cookie shop. Land is cheap here. Our rent is only R$250/month.

Give my congratulations to Amanda. I’m out of time. I ate at a “churrascaria” yesterday. If you look up “Frangão” on Google, I think they have a website.

Until next week,
Élder Floyd

P.S. Everyone thinks it's really cool that we live close to Hollywood and Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment