17 February 2010

17 February 2010

Sounds like Dad knows what he´s doing: ice-cream cake is always the
way to go, and I know Lyn will agree with that :) .

I really like the new MyLDSMail. The old service was run directly on
church servers, and each missionary only had 50 MB of space, but now
that it's being run on Google servers, I don't have to worry anymore
about running out of space: After one year, I'm only using 38 of my
alotted 7422 MB.

It also sounds like to Ward BBQ went great. I've never eaten meat
injected with garlic butter, but now I'm curious. Also, I would like
to at least SEE Vinnie alive when I get home, but it doesn't look that
he wants the same thing. I don't understand, did he LIKE the taste of
the snail poison?

I'm also sorry that I didn't get a happy birthday off last week. I'm
not very good about getting these kinds of things out *before* the
special day, just *on* the special day. I promise that I was thinking
about you a lot yesterday. I'm afraid that I don't have much a
birthday present to give you, but a story will have to do:

The Church puts on campouts in Brazil dring Carnaval (crazy Brazilian
holiday, but tame in Curitiba) to get the youth and young single
adults away from the bad atmosphere. Gustavo, on of the twin sons of
our investigators went on the campout last Friday. He came back
yesterday and only had good things to say. He made a lot of friends,
and Sunday turned out to be a very spiritual day for him. Now he's
sompletely ready to be baptized. Not to mention his "angel" who he
hung out with too much while he was there. According to the members,
she's the daughter of the only shotgun-owner in Curitiba.

Outside of that, not much to report. I'm very happy to be here in Rio
Bonito. Friday will make it one year since I entered the MTC in Provo.
"Tempo voa," as the phrase goes in Protuguese.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd


No comments:

Post a Comment