17 February 2010

20 January 2010

Rio Bonito is not a separate city or town. It is part of Curitiba. If you look up “Campo de Santana, Curitiba”, you should get a good look at Rio Bonito. “Campo de Santana” is the name of the city district; “Rio Bonito” is really the name of a housing development, but everyone uses it to refer the area at large.

It was good to hear that the freecyle activity went alright. Sounds like everyone should have a cleaner garage now. It’s been raining a lot here, too, as I said on the phone. It looks like it rained pretty hard here today, but we were at the temple, so we didn’t get caught in it.

Elder Ribeiro and I had our first baptism together on Sunday! Jesse was baptized after the church block, and he will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost the Sunday. We’re also preparing Dandara, a sixteen-year-old single mother, to be baptized this Sunday. There’s another example of someone who has been prepared by the Lord. Unfortunately her mother is not as interested, but we’re still trying.

Sorry that I can’t be home for your birthday this year, Dad, but I’ll be there next year. I’m afraid all I can send is some good stories. I’ll try to keep track of what goes on over the next few weeks.

Also, you may have noticed a R$20 debit from the checking account. Last Wednesday I went to buy temple clothes.

That’s all about it there is to report right now. Little miracles that have happened lately? I would say Jesse’s baptism was a miracle. We exercised our faith and did all we could to prepare him, but he only decided to be baptized the day before it happened.

I’ve been thinking a lot about Amanda and Jennifer lately. I home they’re doing alright along with Aaron, Justin, and William.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment