17 February 2010

27 January 2010

Letters received sinca last I wrote:
1 from Bishop Cheney
1 email from Uncle Jerry
1 email from Sister Hildegard

I like how Lyn writes in Spanish when I am serving in a Portuguese-speaking country. That’s okay, “el gripe” is “o gripe” in Portuguese, so I understood.

Tell Amanda she can have the Nintendo DS. It’s not like I’ll be using it for a while. I’m just curious to know what happened to the one she had. I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read the story about Elizabeth’s driving experience, but now I’m afraid I won’t have a car when I get back.

Thanks for writing about Erika. I wrote a letter, but never got a response. I’ll write again this week.

Answers:

What temple clothes did I buy? Pants, shoes, a tie, and ceremonial clothing. They looked at me kind of weird when I told them my parents already sent socks for my birthday.

I have stepped in dog poop one time on my mission, about two weeks ago.

I really can’t remember what Jay’s BBQ tastes like, but I think it’s closer to the BBQ where he served.

No, I am not going to be into all things Brazilian when I get home, but I am looking forward to watching a few television programs.

I have yet to see regular Reese’s here, but it may exist in other large cities.

It sounds like Dad had a great time at the temple. Yes, President Araújo keeps us informed about Haiti. The news reports here are about the Brazilians who died.

The work here in Rio Bonito is going great! Jesse received the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday and Dandara got baptized after the block. How we found her makes a great story. I was on a split with Elder Garder from Atlanta, one of our zone leaders, and we showed up for an appointment with a woman we talked with on the street. A boy came to the gate and told us she was taking a shower, and Elder Gardner asked him for the name of the neighbor. He said it was Dandara. We clapped hands at the neighbor’s house and asked for Dandara. A woman invited us in and went to find her. Here’s where I though Elder Gardner had gone crazy. When Dandara came in, he said “Lembra da gente?!” which would be translated, “Remember us?” We came to discover that she was taught by sisters near the beach (where everybody goes during the Christmas season). If that’s not a miracle, I don’t know what is.

Well, that’s about it for this week. It rains here every day now in the afternoon, but it’s hot beforehand and afterwards. Also, we might be moving to live in our area. President Araújo gave us permission to look for a house.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment