17 February 2010

10 February 2010

Letters received since last I wrote:
1 from the Santa Maria 5th Ward (with photo)

I don’t have much time to write because I used a lot of my time trying to figure out how to update my MyLDSMail to the new system. Apparently, the record number on my temple recommend of wrong, and it won’t let me do anything. If you can let me know soon what my record number is, it will be a great help.

To answer your questions:

I have not taken a “nasty spill” (ie. “fallen down”) since I’ve been in Brazil. I don’t know where this question comes from.

I miss all American cold cereals.

Are you serious? I have not clogged up a toilet.

My English scriptures are doing fine. I’d like to know if I can use my “gringo card” to buy some new Portuguese scriptures the next time I go to the temple.

I was doing fine with bugs until I came to Rio Bonito. If we leave the window open at night, I get eaten alive. I found that out because it was unbearably hot for the last week. Yesterday and today t has been raining.

I don’t have a carbon monoxide monitor, but I don’t think it’s likely we’ll all die in our apartment.

Things are pretty much the same in Rio Bonito. Delaír will not be baptized as planned. She has decided she doesn’t want to give up coffee. That happens sometimes. We have not stopped dropping by to teach her, but it is evident that true conversion has not happened 100%. We’ll continue doing all we can to change that, but ultimately she has her agency too.

Sorry that I don’t have more time. Blame MyLDSMail. Please let me know as soon as possible about the record number. If the number on my recommend is right, it means we’ve got a bigger problem on our hands: It would appear my name isn’t written in the book of life.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment