03 November 2010

3 November 2010

Not many changes to report from last week. Transfers are now two weeks away, and the choir practice today was really good. Actually, there’s some good news to report about that: We now have two performances confirmed, one on the 8th and one on the 10th of December at the Estação Shopping Center. Now, drum roll please. . . . We might be singing for the governor of Paraná! The details still have to be worked out, but it looks like a brother from our area has worked his magic to get us to sing at the state government headquarters here in Curitiba. The event will be on television, and there will be a live internet stream for people to watch from anywhere in the world. Like I said, it is not yet official, but it’s almost there.

We had a great training from President Cordon and his assistants yesterday. It was a review of a couple of the new missionary trainings: The Doctrine of Christ – The Missionary Purpose and The Role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion. We were reminded about listening to the small, subtle promptings of the Holy Ghost during our teaching (and during the day in general, too) to help our investigators become converted. I’ve decided that that is going to be one of the major themes of things I’ve learned on my mission: How to recognize (and respond to) the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

Brother Cheney gave me some good tips for the last part of my mission. Let him know that I’ll do my best to implement them. I need to get a letter off to him, actually. I think he’s written to me three or more times without having received a response. Also, a question: Isn’t Sister Achiu getting home soon?

Love,
Elder Floyd

P.S. Things to add to my Christmas wish list: two families in the ward have asked for items that are impossible to get here, and they’re willing to pay for them: an intermediary hymnal (which can be found here) and a ½ liter to a liter of maple extract. I told them I would ask you for them. I thought of one more thing that I wanted to ask for, but I’ve forgotten now.

No comments:

Post a Comment