24 November 2010

24 November 2010

Elder Sardinha and I are having a great time here in Novo Mundo. There
are a few new people at church that I didn’t know one year ago, but
for the most part I knew everyone. It was great to see the looks on
people’s faces when we greeted them at church on Sunday. Most of them
seemed to be thinking, “Wait, haven’t you already been here before?”

Outside of finding new people to teach, Elder Sardinha and I have been
visiting a few of the people that I taught a year ago. From the looks
of things, a few of them may be ready for baptism this time around.

Lyn, the best thing you can do when you give a Book of Mormon to
someone is bear your testimony. Let her know what the book means to
you and why you’re giving it to her. Tell you you’re giving it because
it’s the best thing you could give. If I know you, it may end up being
kind of comedic, but I’m sure it will be spiritual. And most important
of all: follow up! After giving her the book, ask her every
once-in-a-while how her reading is going.

I didn’t quite understand what was wrong with the Simplified Hymnal;
maybe a picture would help. I’m grateful that you thought so highly if
the member here to order a new one, and I’m sure she would be, too.

Thanksgiving here will be a pretty normal day. Maybe I’ll buy a
roasted chicken again.

Elder Sardinha is a great companion. We work really hard together. I
hope we can keep up the excitement for the next five weeks.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment