17 November 2010

17 November 2010

You won’t guess where I’m writing from: Novo Mundo! Transfers were
today, and I have been called back to my second area as a trainer. My
new companion is Elder Sardinha (pronounced: sar-jeen-ya) from
Brasília. He arrived in the mission field yesterday. After the initial
shock wore off, I was really very happy to come back to this area.
Last year, I made my Christmas phone call from this chapel, and it
looks like I’ll be doing it again this year. The members that I’ve
seen so far have all been very welcoming. They all look at me as if
something weren’t quite right, and then we have a little chat about
how things have changed in the last year. I guess there’s some
unfinished business for me to take care of here.

Elder Floyd’s Christmas List (Ordered by Priority):
A Christmas letter signed by families I know in the ward
Sunscreen
Intermediary hymnal (for a member)
Maple extract (for a member)
Peanut Butter M&M’s
Cheez-its
Cranberry sauce

The intermediary hymnal can come in English. She doesn’t have to sing
to it; she only has to play it. I think the sunscreen was from some
company that I though only made lotion. I can’t think of the name at
the moment.

Outside of the transfers, I’m not sure what else to report. I think
this is going to be an excellent transfer with Elder Sardinha. We have
lunch with a member right now, so we’ll have a lot of catching up to
do.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment