17 November 2010

10 November 2010

I made root beer. I found that if you melt the sugar and then add it to carbonated water, it doesn’t take out too much gas. We had our zone barbeque today, and the Americans really liked the idea, so I made 6 liters of it. Very few Brazilians like root beer. I’ve heard from some of them before that it tastes like medicine. Today the Sisters said it tasted like toothpaste or mouthwash. Anyway, we liked it. Thanks for sending me the extract.

That reminds me of something else I want to add to my Christmas wish list (I hope it’s not getting too long): 1 more tube of that awesome sunscreen. It is getting hot around here. One more thing I just discovered: the link I put in my last email may not work. The sister asked for any intermediary hymnal, not a beginner’s one. I think that if you put “Hymns, Simplified Accompaniments” into the search bar, there should be no trouble.

Can I drink the water? Yes, but it is always better to drink filtered or mineral water because there is a slight (very slight) chance that you may get sick. I’ve heard that Curitiba has the best faucet water in Brazil.

There’s one more week in the transfer. I may be sending my email from another area next Wednesday.

It’s good to hear that everything is still going great for Dad at work. It sounds like blessing are not absent from your lives, and Vinnie coming back inside the house on command is a miracle blatant enough to convert any disbelieving soul. I’m counting the blessing I’m receiving here, too. They are many. I hope that I do not let them go unnoticed.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment