27 October 2010

27 October 2010

It was great to receive photos of Aaron, Justin, and William. Here I was thinking that William was still this little baby, and he’s already getting big! Aaron and Justin are growing up, too! I miss them a lot. I don’t think I spent enough time with them before, and it always seemed like Amanda was good with that. I can’t wait to see them when I get back!

As for spurt-of-the-moment sacrament talks: I don’t think I’ve ever had to give one of those. About a month ago, the Bishop asked us to fill in for someone in case he didn’t show up. Well, he showed up, and the Bishop asked me to give my talk the next week. The same thing happened about three times in-a-row now, and I’ve still be warned that I may be giving my talk this Sunday. Talk about preparation time.

We are teaching another excellent man by the name of Sílvio. He is the coworker of a member who recently moved here for construction work. Before we even taught him, he received a Book of Mormon, went to the temple, and received a witness that this work is true. I told our ward mission leader that we’re only teaching him the Preach My Gospel lessons to review. He really is a great person, and he plans on moving his wife and three daughters down here, too, because he wants to find permanent work here.

And that’s wonderful news for us because we are desperately searching for families to be taught. Our ward mission leader is a genius, and he’s working really hard with us so that we can find families to teach.

The mission choir is going great. We now have a small group of sisters singing one hymn. That’s a pleasant addition.

Until next week,

Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment