13 October 2010

29 September 2010

We just had the best zone activity I have ever been to. We met at

Curitiba 2nd Ward’s chapel this afternoon for a barbeque from noon to

about 3:00. The entire zone as there, and it went off great. There

wasn’t anything excitingly amazing about the activity, but its

simplicity I think added to the atmosphere. All the Elders and Sisters

were excited, and they got to play a little soccer and volleyball,

too. I hope it excites them in their own areas as well.

It’s General Conference season again, and all the missionaries are

excited. I’ll probably be watching it in the English room again with

the other American missionaries and a few Brazilians that watch a

session or two.

Transfers are next Wednesday, which means that Monday night we’ll be

receiving the transfers by phone from the assistants. I’m pretty sure

that I’m leaving because few missionaries stay in 2nd Ward for more

than two transfers, and I’ve been here for three. However, I cannot

read the mind of the Lord, so I’ll just keep my mouth shut until

Monday night.

You remember the prayer experience I sent last week? There’s another

miracle to report this week: On Thursday, we left lunch early to go to

an appointment we had marked for 2:00 that was far away, and a few

minutes into the walk we realized we didn’t have a Book of Mormon (as

it was the first visit we would have with this person, we wanted to

give a Book of Mormon to him). We stopped dead in our tracks and talked

for a few seconds. We decided that we didn’t have enough time to go

back home, but we also decided that we couldn’t show up for the lesson

without a Book of Mormon. I guess you could say we were in a rut.

At that very moment, a sister from the ward pulled up in her car and

asked if we needed something, explaining that she lived in the

building that we were standing in front of. My very smart companion

immediately asked if she had a Book of Mormon at home. She did, and

she gave it to us, and we went to our appointment smiling and laughing

because the Lord had blessed us immensely. The appointment was great,

and we know that the Lord wanted the Book of Mormon in that house;

else, why would He have provided such a miracle?

We found out on Sunday that the sister had no plans of going home that

afternoon, but felt it was a good idea. Coincidence? No, not even a

little bit.

I glad to know that it’s not as hot here as it is there. Please start

showing pictures of me to Vinnie so that he remembers me when I get

home.

I have given a little (just a little) more thought to my post-mission

plans. I’m still just as lost as before, but school if definitely a

part of it. Now what should I major in . . . ?

Mom also told me that she’s been going to church. I’ll be sending out

a letter soon to encourage her to keep on going. It sounds like she

has a few doubts still, but not anything too difficult for Amanda or

the missionaries.

Dad, I think about you all the time, and I thank you for the

opportunity I have to be out here.

Good luck with the knee, Lyn.

Love,

Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment