27 October 2010

20 October 2010

We met an elect man on Monday. His name is Antônio, and he read eighty
pages of the Book of Mormon between the time that we met him and the
time that we taught him (less than twenty-four hours). That’s fast
enough to read it in a little over a week! He is very excited to go to
church on Sunday, and we’re really excited to teach him again on
Friday.

Last week was a pretty slow one for us. We worked very hard, but a lot
of our appointments fell through. That left us with a lot of time at
night without a marked appointment, so we decided to take advantage of
the situation and take a look through our area book. We started
calling people that were taught by missionaries in the past, and
within a short amount of time we marked three appointments and another
8-10 people asked us to call back on a specific day to mark an
appointment. Our week so far has started out great, and we’re gearing
up to teach a lot of people!

I made peanut butter cookies today. Elder Flynn in our district wanted
to use his good American peanut butter to make them, but I convinced
him to let me make some with the Brazilian stuff (which is far from
the same, peanut butter not being very common here). I found in the
past that the taste turns out the same. Even though it’s not very good
to put on a sandwich, the Brazilian peanut butter works out great for
cookies, and it’s a lot cheaper than importing.

Elder Treasure and I, along with the district leaders in our zone,
will be going to a Mexican restaurant for lunch tomorrow. It’s part of
our plan to get to know them better and make a happy zone leadership.

Now, I forgot about the Christmas box last week, so I’d better get to
that now. I’m not really sure about specifics to ask for. Much of the
stuff I have I´d like to leave here in February. I love peanut butter
M&M’s, so those are a must have. Also, the cranberry sauce was a nice
touch last Christmas. Does that make me sound fat, just asking for a
bunch of food? Cheez-its: that’s what Elder Treasure just suggested. I
asked him to name something that wasn’t food, and he couldn’t think of
anything either. You don’t need to send peanut butter; I don’t feel as
much lack of it as some other people. Worth more to me than peanut
butter M&M’s or Cheez-its, are letters. If the ward could sign a
Christmas card, I think that would be the best present of all.

That’s all I can think of for now. It sounds like to Lord is taking
good care of everyone over there. That makes me a lot happier to be
here in Brazil. Next week, I’ll try to send pictures from the Mexican
lunch we’ll be enjoying tomorrow.

Until next week,
Elder Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment