23 November 2009

18 November 2009


Thank you for keeping me updated on all that’s going on around there. Before I forget, I want to add something to that Christmas wish-list I sent along: a can-opener. Not something electric, but the kind where I can crank a knob or something. Also, how long do I need to cook a turkey in the oven before it’s okay to eat?

To answer Lyn’s questions:

I do miss my naps, but I don’t feel the need to take them as much as I did when I was at home.

I do not cook breakfast every morning. I’ve gotten to the point where eating cereal takes up too much time.

I have been using those microfiber towels since day 1 in Provo. They are a blessing because they dry really fast, even when it’s cold.

I have been tweezing my unibrow, but it looks like it’s about time to do it again.

The one thing outside of church books that I’m glad I brought with me? Hmm . . . let me get back to you on that one.

Also, thanks for the pictures. What’s up with the one with Lizzie? You cannot imagine how envious I am of the washer and dryer. My sheets are at home right now drying on the line after a quick run through the “tanquinho” (it’s basically just a tank with a spinning knob that makes the clothes go round).

The work here in Novo Mundo is progressing nicely. Elder Reis and I are working great together, and I still feel very blessed to have received really good companions up to this point. We are still preparing Giovane and Andrea for baptism. They have been prepared for a long time to accept our message. We might even be moving their baptism up to this weekend. As for other investigators, we have found two of the Lord’s elect in Alexandro and Eryka (two different households).

As always, I continue to pray for your safety. I especially hope that all is well with Jennifer and the boys in Texas. Any news about what’s going on there? Please remind me next week to recount the story of the Antichrist tossing one of our investigators through a hole in the second floor of his house.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment