23 November 2009

28 October 2009

First off, please accept my apology for not sending an email last week. I’m glad to hear that you did get my MissionTies letter, but I realize now that it probably would have been better to at last write a short email to warn you all.

It has been good to hear about everything that’s been going on at home. Thank you for the note about Sister Brock. I haven’t received anything from Lyn as of yet, but knowing her, she might have sent a letter through MissionTies to get back at me. I enjoyed the pictures from the pumpkin-carving contest. I didn’t know we had so much talent in that area of expertise.

Ever since last asked me to write about my latest miracle, I have begun to notice a bunch of little miracles that happen every day in the mission field. The latest that I’d like to relate is that the son of an “ancient” investigator that we had stopped teaching started going to church by himself. His name is Lucas and he’s 12 years old. As I commented long ago in an email from Guarapuava, the Lord always seems to provide us with His elect to teach. He has done that again with Lucas. We’ve been working for baptisms for a long time, and He has just seemed to place Lucas in our lap. He was not prepared while we were teaching him, but the Lord has continued to work with him during the time that we did not pass by.

I want to know more about this awesome Halloween party. Pictures and a feature-length film should be sufficient. To answer some of Lyn’s questions:

My favorite Brazilian meal? I have to study that one for another week. The food here isn’t that different from what you’d find at home.

I have met a family I will definitely come back to visit: Eliseu and his family, who we baptized back in Guarapuava.

I am not playing the piano or organ at church services here. I am, however, continuing to practice.

I am getting my haircuts from a barber. Just 5 reais.

My toenails are fine. You can take a look at them we I get back home.

I did get my tooth fixed.

I have worn Elder Jacobsen’s shirts already. Speaking of him, who are the elders in our ward now?

I have not yet made the spaghetti sauce.

As far as what I want for Christmas, the last time you told me it had to be smaller than a breadbox it came in a USPS flat-rate shipping container. I haven’t given much thought to it because it’s not something you really have to do. It seems like I just got my birthday box.

Outside of all that, I hope that all is well with everybody there. The work will continue here, and I hope it is progressing there.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment