23 November 2009

11 November 2009

Transfers have come. Transfers have passed. I am still here in Novo Mundo. That is not to say, however, that I am with the same companion. Elder Gonçalves has been transferred to another area (sorry, can’t remember the name), and I have received a new companion: Elder Reis (pronounced “Hays”). He entered the mission field five months ago, and I think we are going to work great together.

I want pictures of the new washer and dryer. Email will do. As far as a giant blackout goes, I don’t know anything about that. We had a power failure in our neighborhood for about an hour last week, but I don’t know if it was part of anything bigger.

We’re still working hard here, too. I’ll keep you posted on the progress of our investigators who are preparing to be baptized. The bishop gave us for a referral the most prepared family in the ward. Also, Lucas was baptized this last Sunday. He’ll be confirmed next Sunday in sacrament meeting.

Outside of that, I had totally forgotten that Vinnie's saliva was holy water! I needed some of that when my eye almost swelled shut last week! That’s a long story, but I just got a cat hair or something caught in my eye. It took a while to get it out, and afterward my eye swelled up as if Elder Gonçalves had punched me in the face. Sister Araújo told me to buy some medicine, and so I did (with the debit card, I should say). Everything’s okay now.

Things have cooled down a bit here. I’m anxiously awaiting those photos that you said you sent. I hope that everything’s well with the whole family. How are things going up at Gram’s house?

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment