16 December 2009

25 November 2009

Didn’t someone mention something about a MissionTies letter with photos?

Anyhow, I have not yet made a turkey. We had our Thanksgiving dinner for lunch today, and all that included was chicken and mashed potatoes. It turns out that turkey is extremely expensive for missionaries: about 25 or 30 reais. With a budget of 120 reais every two weeks, turkey isn’t looking likely until Christmas.

On the other hand, I hope that all of your many Thanksgiving dinners go great. Next year, I’ll be sure to ask for a can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce. Apparently, “cranberry” in Portuguese is “oxicoco” (oxi-coconut), but Elder Reis has never heard of it. It was also good to hear that everything went well with the no-talent talent show. I don’t know where Lyn picked up the idea for that, but if you can get the ward together to watch Dad play a tune with a fingernail on his teeth, you must be a miracle worker.

We´ve got a little miracle brewing right now with a woman named Rosangela. She’s the mother of Chauan who was baptized a few weeks ago, and she’s giving up smoking. I’ll give you more details on that next week.

The Christmas choir is going great. We have our first performance on December 10th. Outside of that, there isn’t much else to report here. If you are reading this email, please know that I love getting mail (yes, I am begging). I don’t have much time to write, but I like to know how everyone is doing. I’m also still curious about Jennifer and the boys.

Here’s to hoping you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment