16 December 2009

16 December 2009

About a week after Lucas’ baptism, I had a heck of a dream. I was serving a mission in Europe with Elder Reis as my companion, and Christ came down and landed on the ocean, As missionaries, we started going house to house with Him and telling everyone that He had returned. Of course, nobody believed us. At one point, Christ went into Lucas’ two-story home and I followed Him. When I opened the door, he was holding Lucas by his collar with one hand over a whole in the floor of the second story! And, to make a good nightmare worse, He dropped him and Lucas died on the floor. That’s when I discovered that it wasn’t Christ. . . . It was the Antichrist! And as I tried to warn everybody that he was the Antichrist. Still nobody wanted to listen, and I woke up exhausted and scared.
That’s it. It probably didn’t seem as funny reading it here as it did recounting it for the Elders with whom I was living, but don’t worry: I’m sure we’re not teaching with the Antichrist.

This week has been a good one. Alexandro was not baptized on Sunday because we kept feeling that it was too soon, so he will be interviewed tonight and baptized on Sunday after church because he won’t be in the area on Saturday. Also, Maria dos Reis will be baptized next Saturday (the 26th).

As far as the Christmas phone call goes, I can call at any time. I imagine that the afternoon here would work best. I’ve just talked to Elder Reis, and we feel it would work best if I called from 3-4 o’ clock here (meaning about 11:00 where you are, I think). My first half will be dedicated to Mom, as I don’t know how long exactly we will be chatting, and when I’m through, I give you guys and few rings and you can call the number I typed above. Speaking of Mom, she doesn’t write me very much, so we haven’t said anything about the Christmas phone call. It would be a huge favor to me if you could let her know. I don’t know how she’ll react, but it would be a huge help to me.

Outside of that, I don’t have much more to report. We’ll be singing three times as a mission choir: once at a hangar, once at the mission conference, and once at the mall (which is “shopping center” or simply “shopping” in Portuguese). Ask Brother Cheney is he can sing “Bate o Sino” (Bah-chee oh see-noh) for you.

I hope that everyone is preparing for a great Christmas. Our next two preparation days will be on Fridays: Christmas and New Year’s.

Here's to hoping I'll still be in Novo Mundo on Christmas,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment