16 December 2009

2 December 2009

. . . And, as always, your many emails. Things are going well here in Novo Mundo. Elder Reis and I are continuing to work hard trying to find the Lord’s elect. I still se Elder Gonçalves two times a week on Wednesday and Saturday during mission choir practice (and to answer your doubt: no, I am not conducting; I am singing). Giovane and Andrea are continuing to receive our many messages, and they now have a marriage date set for January 30th (it’s a lot harder to get married civilly in Brazil).

We are also working really hard to prepare Níuza and her family for baptism. Here, my friends, is a great example of somebody who prizes the opinion of the Lord. Almost every time we share a commandment (the Word of Wisdom, for example) she ends up lightly fighting with us saying that she can never keep that commandment, but in the end she always accepts the invitation to pray and receive confirmation from the Lord, and when we return she is trying her best to keep the commandment that we taught. Right now, we’re working on getting her married to her live-in “husband”. Her example makes me want to be better. It makes me want to forget about my own personal desires and discover exactly what it is that the Lord wants.

To answer Lyn’s questions:

I have had a few hilarious language mix-ups. If you remind me, I’ll start off my email next week with one.

Is the second question a reference to the term “down and out”?

I have not burned any food beyond recognition, but sometimes to cookies turn out a little over-done.

I used the maple frequently when I first got out, but not so much as of late. It will certainly last my whole mission.

I don’t whistle that much any more, and all of my companions until now have whistled at least a little bit.

That’s about it for now. I hope that Lyn feels better soon. It was good to hear that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Remember: 23 days until Christmas! I’ll send you the telephone for a chapel here next week, but it’s possible that I’ll be somewhere else for Christmas.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment