26 October 2009

26 October 2009

21 Octobro 2009

Dear Family,
I hope you haven't interpreted the lack of an email from me as a slack on my part. A search through the General conference archives left me with very little time to write emails. I did, however, read everything that was sent to me, and because both emails were rather long, I had plenty to read!

It was good to hear that Amanda has gotten settled out in Orcutt. It was also good to hear about everything else that's going on around there. Sounds like Vinny need that obedience training still.

As far as senior companion goes, I can't believe they sent you a letter! I remember learning back in Provo that we shouldn't write home about such things to avoid causing pride in our parents, and here the mission is doing it behind my back. It's actually kind of funny, really. Just because I'm a senior companion now doesn't necessarily mean that I will be put with a junior companion, but it means that it is now a possibility.

Still no baptisms for the month of October, but I'm optimistic. We've had to make some hard decisions regarding long-time investigators, but I know the lord will lead us to his elect.

As usual I am thinking of you all; not to the interrupting of the work, but you are still on my mind. I love you very much, and I hope the Lord continues to bless you in all aspects of your life.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment