20 October 2009

14 October 2009

I’m glad to hear that you received the photo CD. I will take more pictures of the area. There is only one picture of my apartment in Guarapuava, and it was taken at night as I was leaving the area. The photo of apartment number “1313” houses another companionship; I just thought that some people would enjoy a little Munsters humor. Remind me in a year and a half to recount a story about a Fiat dealership in Gurapuava.

My latest miracle, huh? Makes it sound like you bought a few of those at the 99¢ Store, too! No, really, I would have to say that my latest miracle happened yesterday. We had six lessons planned for the day, with two planned to be taught with a member present because we had splits marked for the nighttime. At about 1:30 we received a call from a sister in the ward informing us that her thirteen-year-old son was still waiting at the chapel to go teach with us. Elder Gonçalves had talked with him on Sunday but has not confirmed any plans. So, anyway, we made our way quickly to the chapel and taught two lessons with him.

At this point I was thinking, “Yeah, now we’re going to have four lessons with a member present at the end of the day!” However, when the time for the nighttime split drew nigh, we received a call from the members that were supposed to do the split with us. Some kind of emergency came up, and they couldn’t make it. At the end of the day, we were left with only five lessons taught, but we had our two taught with a member present. The Lord, through the eyes of eternity which He holds, prepared a way for us the reach our goal even before we had a problem. And you know something, I didn’t even think of it as a miracle until now. I guess I’ve seen a lot more miracles than I give myself credit for.

We still don’t know what’s going on with the camera. The brother that took it to find a better price has yet to report back to us.

My shoes are fine, and no, my pants are not falling off. In fact, I’ve run into a problem here: more available food and less required walking. I’m getting fat again! Don’t worry; I’m looking into changing my diet.

I said I’d share a little thought about Allan and Camile and also about General Conference. My little miracle story has left me without any time, but I’ll prepare them later today, and if you don’t receive them through MissionTies, you can expect them in my next email. Also, I sent a letter to Brother Cheney through MissionTies. Can you confirm that he got it?

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment