20 October 2009

23 September 2009

First off, here’s my physical address (finally!) so that I can receive mail directly in-home:

Elder Daniel Wells Floyd
Brazil Curitiba Mission
R. Luis Lepoldo Landal #1055
Novo Mundo
Curitiba-PR
81050-120 BRAZIL

My email, unfortunately, will be short again. I’m not getting stingy; I’m getting sick again. I have a fever, but I’m not sure how many degrees. I’ll check when I get home. Yes, President Araújo knows. I told him during the transfer interview we had after visiting the temple. Wow, you have got to get a hold of this place. A lot of small temples only come with a starting room and a Celestial Room, but the Brazil Curitiba Temple has a starting room, a Terrestrial Room, and a Celestial Room.

Things are going good as far as baptisms are concerned. We are preparing three for this weekend (1 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday). It’s only half of the goal we had for September: 6. But it’s still pretty good. Chauan (Shy-wahn), Keven, and Thiago (Chee-ah-go) are great! They’ll all make a great addition to the young men’s program here.

On another front, please let Brother Cheney know that I’m sorry that I didn’t get the letter he requested to him. I’ve been working on it since the MTC. If he still wants it, I’ll try to send it soon.

Other than that, thanks for permission to use your hard-earned money on something that is my fault. I have a feeling that my teeth are going to haunt me yet in my life.

Also, a request: could you please send a good tomato sauce recipe? The tomato sauce (molho de tomato) here is a lot different! It’s more salty than sweet and tangy. It would also be a great help if you could send it through MissionTies because it costs R$0.20 to print or copy and black and white page here!

That’s about it for now. If you have questions, please write them. I know that life doesn’t change much in one week, but it’s still great ti gear from everybody. I received a letter from the Ridgeways a while back; I’ll try to get something out. That reminds me, I’ll be sending out the picture CD tomorrow. Also, I’ll try to get a response out to Don’s email.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

P.S. "O gripe" translates to "the flu" in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment