07 August 2009

29 July 2009

Hi Everyone!

I’m returning to Guarapuava! I’ll try to do my best right now to describe everything that happened: Last Monday (20 July 2009), I received the news that I would be involved in an emergency transfer. That means that for one reason or another, a transfer is taking place in-between the normal six-week transfers. I don’t know what happened, but Elder Teixeira who was serving in Prudentópolis was transferred to some place near Curitiba. That left Elder Pierce in Prundentópolis without a companion, so I was transferred to fill in that gap. I was able to move because both Elders S. Costa and Avis remained behind in Guarapuava.

On Tuesday I left Guarapuava and arrived here in Prudentópolis, and I have been here ever since. Because we will be having a mission conference tomorrow, President Araujo came on Saturday to interview us all. I was told then that I would be returning to Guarapuava. Elder Avis will be going home immediately after the mission conference, so when we all return from that, I will be back to being Elder S. Costa’s companion. President Araujo said that this was more of an extended division than an emergency transfer. Unfortunately, we still don’t know what will be happening with Elder Pierce.

He really is great, you know. You said he looked like a party guy. From what he has told me about life before the mission, that could be right, more or less. I don’t think he was negligent or anything like that. He’s been on a mission for about nine months now, and he’s from Pleasant Grove, Utah.

Miracles? I don’t know about that right now, but I do have something I’d like to share, but only 2 minutes to do so. I discovered from this little surprise transfer that I really, really love the people here. I never had time to say goodbye to my investigators and recent converts in Guarapuava, and my heart hurt just as much as when I left you all at the airport. I don’t have time to complete the thought right now, but know that I miss you and love you, and I love the people here too.

Until next time,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment