07 August 2009

15 July 2009

Before I forget, here is the address of the mission office where you can send packages:

Élder Daniel Wells Floyd
Missão Brasil Curitiba
Praça Joseph Smith
15 Portão
Curitiba-PR
80610-210 BRASIL

Things have been interesting here in Guarapuava. Elders S. Costa and Avis have been a great blessing for me, and we are having a lot of success in finding people to teach. We have another baptism today for Everton, a member referral. He was the one who tracked us down because he wanted to be baptized. The baptism of Elton has been pushed back until the 29th of this month. I think one reason we have had so much success in the last week is that fact that we have three missionaries here. We only need one member to make two companionships, and you can do twice the work of one companionship with two, so you can probably see my point. It has been really interesting living the life of a missionary without Elder Cacio, but it has been a good experience.

I heard from both you and Sister Achiu that she will be serving again in Germany. I have not yet written her, but can you let her know I'm really excited for her?

This Saturday will mark five months on the mission for me, not that I'm counting. Please know that I am always thinking about and praying for you.

I know with a surety that this is the Lord's work. I want to share a short experience that happened yesterday. With a member, I was contacting people that we had spoken to on the street, and all I really managed to do for about an hour was schedule to stop by later. After leaving one doorstep, and as I was passing in front of another house, I felt impressed to stop and talk to the resident there.. When I clapped my hands (which is, as you know, the standard and necessity here), a woman of probably 55-60 years came out. When I explained that we were sharing a message about Jesus Christ and that he had called a prophet in our days, she let us enter.

We talked for a little while, and after a prayer we started the lesson. It went very well and she listen very intently and commented very intelligently. When I began to recount the First Vision in the words of the Prophet Joseph Smith, something began to touch my soul. As I explained that the boy Joseph had seen a pillar of light, I began to feel overwhelmingly that the words I was recounting were true. I knew in that moment that the Spirit was testifying to the woman, Solete, that the things we were saying were true. Something touched her as well.

After the lesson concluded, we set a time for us to return. I really don't know where this will go. I have no idea was lies in the future for Solete, but I know that the Spirit testified to her that we spoke the truth It is now only a matter of accepting or rejecting.

Thank you for all you are doing there in the United States to make my mission a success. I'm out of time now, but I will write you again soon. Thanks for all the updates. I hope you are all safe and sound.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment