13 August 2009

12 August 2009

Okay, here we go again. As with all emails at the end of a transfer period, this could be my last here in Guarapuava. I hope that I can stay, as I was moved around a lot a couple of weeks ago, but I’ll go where the Lord wants me to go.

Thank Vinnie for the birthday e-card. I laughed out loud, which really isn’t a great thing to do in a lan house in Brazil.

I realized this week that I really haven’t been keeping you posted on baptisms here. I think I told you about Everton. After him Elisue and Elton were baptized while I was in Prudentópolis. Then we baptized Junior this last Wednesday, and he was confirmed in sacrament meeting this last Sunday. He is the boyfriend of a member we have in the branch and really has a lot of potential.

I’d also like to share with you something that President Vincente, a counselor in the mission presidency, shared with our branch this last Sunday. When was the last time you had a spiritual experience with Jesus Christ? I don’t just mean a small thing, I mean a BIG experience? When was the last time you kneeled down before bedtime and asked God to give you a little free time to chat with your Savior? When was the last time you asked permission to ask a question of Joseph Smith, or Adam, or Moses, or John the Baptist? If we ask, we shall receive, and as I have said before, I cannot promise you all any kind of vision, but all things we ask for in faith will be given us, whether for our blessing our or condemnation (I’ll whip up a scriptural reference for that one next week).

Please remember that this work is the most important work on the earth and that we are to give our all to prepare the world and the Kingdom of God. Please know that I know this church is the Church of Jesus Christ. Please know that the Book of Mormon was not written by a man, but by many ancient prophets that wrote what God commanded them.

Tell Elizabeth I miss her humor, Lyn I miss her constructive nagging, Dad I love him, and Amanda I’ll write to her soon and that I’m praying for her success. Also, like a really bad brother, I forgot to wish her a happy birthday (she’s 22, you know). Send my love to all the family. Also, I realize that I forgot to wish Dad a happy Father’s Day back in June. It’s not until August here (it was last Sunday).

Until next week,
Élder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment