10 September 2009

3 September 2009

This week was a good week. I am continuing to use the wonderful belt that was sent, and the M&Ms are now long gone. Also, I continue to read the conference reports Lyn sent; thanks again!

Things here in Novo Mundo are going great. We never have a shortage of lessons to teach, and we are preparing many worthy individuals for baptism, including Chauan, Luana, Adevanha, Ane, and Isaide.

Where’s Lyn? She seems to have dropped off the face of the planet. I miss her sarcastic humor (that’s a compliment)! I was reading some of the first letters you all sent me during my first weeks on the mission, and I just had to smile. You guys are the greatest.

This week, people are being chosen to sing in the mission’s Christmas choir. Elder Gonçalves and I already let the zone leaders that we want in, but we’ve been informed that only four missionaries from every zone will be allowed in, so we’ll see what happens. I think I should know by tomorrow what’s going to happen.

Also, all the missionaries in Curitiba will be helping with a “Mormon Helping Hands” project this coming Monday. I’m not sure exactly what we’ll be doing, but we’ve been told just to we’re regular missionary attire, so I don’t picture pulling weeds. Also, I haven’t heard about Grandma yet, but I guess I’ll find out in the MissionTies letter tomorrow.

And . . . it's heating up around here! I don't think we've had a cold day for a week. That is not to say that it is unbareably hot, but just to say tah's it's really pretty comfortable.

My spiritual thought this week is centered around the theme “count you blessings” and is simply this: be thankful for your clothes drier.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment