17 September 2009

16 September 2009

I don’t think I mentioned it last week, but what we did last Monday was not a service project. We marched in a parade. Turns out, September 7 is Brazilian Independence Day, and the missionaries and members in this area marched wearing Mormon Helping Hands shirts.

A Photo CD has been made. I will try to get it sent out with my other mail tomorrow. If not, it probably won’t be sent until next week.

Also, thanks for the thoughts about sending more boots. I still have the other two pairs that we bought before I left, and I plan on using those as long as I am tracting on comfortable pavement. As for the old pair, somewhere in the confusion of transferring to Curitiba I forgot them in Guarapuava. As you could tell, the one sole was pretty messed up, but they were still usable.

As for things here in Novo Mundo, not much has changed. The work goes on. We have three firm baptism dates right now for the 26th of this month, and I’ll let you know what happens with that.

I’ve also noticed that I make some mistakes every now and then in my emails. Please forgive me for that. Also, who’s excited for General Conference? I don’t know why, but I’ve never really looked forward to it as much as I do right now.

That’s about it for now. Hopefully next week will bring with it some good stuff I can share with you. I’ll let you know what we learn at tomorrow’s zone conference.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment