10 September 2009

10 September 2009

Wow, MissionTies must be getting behind. I figured you had sent photos or something because it took so long, but in the end it did arrive. Also, you’re probably wondering why I didn’t send an email yesterday like usual. Put simply, MyLDSMail.net had some troubles. We have been authorized to send our emails today.

It was kind of strange to hear about Grandma’s passing two weeks after it happened, but I’m glad that I did get the message. Thank you, Amanda, for reading it to her for me. Also, congratulations on the callings. Looks like you’ll be pretty involved in missionary work there in Santa Maria. If there’s one piece of advice I can give as a full-time missionary to a ward missionary, it’s this: make yourself available as much as possible to teach with the full-time missionaries. Ward missionaries in invaluable tools in the conversion process.

Thanks for the pictures of Vinnie. I still hope he remembers me when I return. I’ve included some pictures of the work boots we bought before I left. After two months in the MTC and four months in Guarapuava, you can clearly see that they’ve just about had it.

How did I include them, you say? My companion just bought a camera that has a cable that works with my camera, which means that I should be sending a photo CD home in no time. Also, you never mentioned it, but I’m sure Dad noticed that I spent about $6.50 about a month ago. That was to buy a thermometer. I hope it’s okay, I was pretty sick. My temperature never jumped over about 101 degrees.

Things here in Novo Mundo are going great. Not much to report, though I think I make take up a job translating LDS Hymns. What? A job like that won’t pay the bills? Don’t be ridiculous. . . .

Also, give my congratulations to Bishop Perrett.

Sorry that my letter last week was so short; I spent quite a bit of time writing to President Araujo. No, nothing’s wrong! I have to give another sorry, too because I don’t have a spiritual thought for this email. Please know that you’re all still in my prayers. Please, if it be possible, make sure that nobody else passes through the veil before I get home. I’m keeping a list, you know. I think that makes Bro. Jensen, Bro. Bendixen, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays, and now Grandma. The last, of course, being closest to my heart.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment