05 June 2009

3 June 2009

I thought of many ways to start this letters, but all of them have to do with the number of times to write the word "cold".

COLD. If you use it one time, it seems much more profound and solid. Also, it doesn't sound like it escaped the mouth of a raving lunatic. However, it is very short.

Cold . . . COLD! This brings shivers to the bones of the readers, but unlike the previous attempt sounds like Old Man Jenkins escaped the loony bin.

Cold, cold, cold. This sounds like I'm really not having a good time doing missionary work. You would probably picture me shaking my head back and forth in a depressive mood.

Cold, cold, cold, cold. Now my mind is thinking of nothing but the temperature. Better get me reading or teaching, and fast!

Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold. He is the last, and the one I choose to use. I don't know what Jay was thinking when he said it wasn't that cold. I've never been so cold for so long in my life. Not that I'm complaining or anything, just expressing the fact. The cold here is more profound, I think, because of the humidity. I believe it was -4°C this morning, probably 0°C in our house. There is no internal heating, and none of the windows and doors seal all the way, so there's nothing you can do about it. However, everything is nice and toasty under the covers in bed.

Okay, enough about the temperature. I must admit that I like it better than the heat, which I'm sure I will come to know in the summer. I'm really am having a great time here.

The baptisms of Cezar and Paulo went pretty well, except for the fact that I slipped while baptizing Paulo and almost baptized us both at the same time. Also, we're teaching two great families who both have the potential to be members of the Church. I'll give you updates on them next week.

Please tell Sister Betz that everything is great with me, and I'll be happy to sit down with her and her granddaughter in one year and eight months when I have the time . . . and I'm in the country.

Lyn, planning the hoedown? I can't wait to here about how it goes. To me the words Lyn and Hoedown just don't go together. I know you can make a great hoedown, Lyn.

If you send me a box for my birthday, what I really want is Church material. Institute manuals, Ensigns, you know. I can only read stuff published by the Church. Also, I may be needing a new belt. I'm down to 165 pounds.

I heard about both Prop 8 and the Swine Flu situation in the MTC. Last time we talked, you said that the Flu was nothing big, but it seems like the Church is taking a lot of precautions. What's up?

Well, that's all for now. I will try to reply more next week. I will probably send a MissionTies letters. I pray for you and hope that all is well.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment