29 June 2009

24 June 2009

First off, thank you for sending the documents in “.doc” format; I was able to read everything. As far as the letters go, I didn’t receive any of them previously by MissionTies, but I did receive two from Dad with photos.

The baptisms of Felipe and Ana went off without a hitch. I didn’t slip or almost drown Ana, but this may be due to the fact that she is only eight years old.

We had another zone conference yesterday. No letters, but that is good because it means that nobody is sending letters to the mission office anymore. As far as packages go, there is a specific address for that, and I will send it by email next week. Also concerning a “certain” package, the only Ensign I really want is the conference edition. I have received English editions of all of the Liahonas except the conference edition. Institute manuals in English for the standard works would be greatly appreciated. Also, Lyn asked about measuring cups. We have them here in this apartment, but I hear they are not that common in other missionary dwelling-places. I have made due with all of the recipes I have because we have tablespoons and teaspoons (marked with both metric and American measurements), and the Brazilians use the cup, only it is called the “xícara”.

My email time is already up, but I will be sending a letter through MissionTies today with more information about the work here. I don’t know where the time went. Sorry, but such is the life of a Latter-day Saint missionary.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment