29 June 2009

10 June 2009

I am proud to report that it has indeed heated up a little since I last wrote. I think I have noticed a pattern with the cold weather: It is really only very cold the days after the weather clears up after the rain. Probably evaporation or something. I don't know; I'm not a meteorologist. I probably forgot to mention that we have a little space heater that we use at night in our room, so we don't freeze in our beds.

I did make the cake. Two times now: Once for Elder Cacio and me, and another time for a zone meeting we had. Everyone liked it, but amid cries of "you need to make this for me," I had to remind them that if they wanted it, they would have to pay for it themselves. That got them all quiet pretty quick.

I did not write a letter for MissionTies for you like I thought I would. It is more difficult than I thought to take some time and write a letter to you, probably because we can only write on our Preparation Day.

Ana and Felipe, siblings of Cezar and Paulo, are preparing for their baptisms next Wednesday. They are really great. Hopefully their brother Michael and their mother Holga will follow suit.

Also, we are preparing a great family for baptism on the 27th of this month: Eleseu (Elishah in Portuguese), the father; Jose, the mother; and Daniel and Adriana the children. Eleseu is very knowledgeable about the Bible (for this reason, he says, he is no longer Catholic), and I he has accepted everything we have taught. They attended church this last Sunday and loved it.

I made the comment to Elder Cacio this morning that I don't know how the Lord works to prepare these people for us, but He does. We teach and we teach and we teach; we find new investigators and dump old non-progressing ones, and in the end, the Lord provides us with prepared, polished, soon-to-be members. I know He is in this work.

We are also still working with Fernando, Daniele, Andresa, and Rosane. They are all still active in the Church (thank goodness).

It rained yesterday and is raining today. Thank goodness for water-proof clothing and an excellent umbrella. Please let the family know that I'm well. By the way, could I have Jennifer's and Amanda's email addresses? Thanks. I hope the Lord is blessing you all in sunny California. I will talk a little more about miracles in the mission field the next chance I get to write.

Until next week,
Elder Daniel Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment