02 April 2009

1 April 2009


We are now working on the third lesson in Portuguese, O Evangelho de Jesus Cristo. We have our milestone tomorrow, so I'll see if I really know it or not.

I will be directing the CTM choir on Easter Sunday in an arrangement of "Consider the Lilies". Piano, flute, violin, and 75 people: fun, fun.

General Conference this Sunday will be broadcast in English for all the norteamericanos. I really cannot wait for it. Elder Lewis of our branch presidency says we should be looking out for news about Brazil, so my interest is peeked.

Two weeks until I'm out in the field, wow. I feel so inadequate. I can barely speak Portuguese, and then it's only during a lesson. Need directions to the hospital? Sorry. Want to talk about the big game? Nope. But I know it will come. I'm doing as well as everybody else, so I don't think there is anything to be afraid of.

I'm afraid that there is no planned spiritual thought today, just a little testimony. The Church really is the same everywhere. I love it. The message of the Restoration is meant for everybody. If this were strictly an American religion, it would not be a big hit here. I know it's true. I know it changes lives. I know it has changed yours, and I know it is changing mine. May God bless you whenever and wherever you are. Thank you for supporting me here. The Lord knows and takes note of your sacrifices. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Sorry if I forgot anything. I'm out of time. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment