11 March 2009



Hello,

Brazil is great! I have now been here for a week, and I am loving it. As I said in my letter you, it is really hot and humid here, but I am getting used to it. Contrary to popular (aka ''Lyn's :P ) opinion, it is possible to get used to the heat and humidity without air conditioning. It is raining here in São Paulo today, but it is a warm rain.

I wish I knew what to tell you about life here in São Paulo, but you know me: I need someone to ask me the right questions to give some good answers. The food is good, but I am starting to tire of rice and beans every day (and I mean twice a day, every day). We actually had fried chicken and mashed potatoes here yesterday, and it was a gift sent from heaven. Jay really was right that they serve ham and cheese sandwiches for breakfast, but at least it is good ham and cheese. I have not had a warm breakfast since I got here, just cold cereal, fruit, and ham and cheese sandwiches. But, like I said, the food is really good.

It has been really interesting here at Mr. Cheney Cookies. I met Izabel, who said she was expecting me. Tell Jay I got here all right. I dropped off the maple extract today. I sold half of it for R$40 since I bought it for $40 at home.

Dad asked a question about Brazilian companions. In the MTC, Americans and Brazilians are kept in seperate districts, so I will not have a Brazilian companion until I get out in the field. I would send pictures, but I am not quite sure how to do that right now, so please give me some time. My companion here is Elder Pond, and the other members of my district are Elder LeBaron (the District Leader), Elder Cox, Elder Arroyo, and Elder Mitchell. I like the smaller district size better than the larger one in Provo. Our teachers are Irmão Perropato and Irmã De Santana. They are great. Also, I get 45 minutes of email time here instead of 30!

I love it here in Brazil. The MTC here is set apart from the world, and the Spirit of the Lord dwells there and oversees both the teaching and the learning of the missionaries. I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. I know he has called me to Brazil for a reason. I was going to share a more specific spiritual thought, but I forgot to bring my materials with me, so my testimony will have to do. Jesus is the Christ, and all things were created by Him (Ephesians 3:9, Hebrews 1:2). I love learning the language, and I love learning the doctrine. Please send my love to all who come within the sound of your voice. Know that I love and miss each of you and that your support drives me forward here in São Paulo.

Bishop: I have a few extra minutes here after writing my family, so I think I can spare some time for you :P . This Portuguese keyboard takes a little getting used to (I still cannot find any quotes), but it makes it easier to use accents, tildas, and cedillas. My Portuguese is not so great (and even then, it is all gospel related), but I will give it a try. Olá, amigo! Todo bem? Eu gosto o CTM muito e a comida é bom. Sou trabalhendo duro e aprendendo a lingua. Obrigado por a hinário; eu uso-lo todo o tempo. Eu sei que a igreja de jesus cristo dos santos dos últimos dias é verdadeiro e que Jesus Cristo vive. Em nome de Jesus Cristo, amém.

No comments:

Post a Comment